Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

  1. #51
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yankeebaseball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thas where I saw DOWN, I saw Matt Costa and Greg Laswell there as well. </div></div>

    Not a bad place to see a concert, and a pretty easy drive too. I keep a link handy to check in every week or so to see who's gonna be playing there.

    I saw you talk about the new NIN stuff, Ghosts I-IV--how is it so far? I've been debating about buying the $5 version off the site to get all 36 tracks.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #52
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oakland raiders</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok calm down i didnt realize u meant hurt would be there...thats great cause i really like em</div></div>

    I'm calm, I just don't like repeating myself.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    I like it, of course I like everything they do. Im really into the YZ stuff, the game and web sites, videos etc.

    But ever since I got the album "still" I wanted an all music NIN record, well, I got it.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  4. #54
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    Listening to Hurt right now for the first time, they are pretty badass.
    I didn't know they were going to be performing too until Cane mentioned it.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yankeebaseball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it, of course I like everything they do. Im really into the YZ stuff, the game and web sites, videos etc.

    But ever since I got the album "still" I wanted an all music NIN record, well, I got it.</div></div>

    Coolness. I may cop it soon then.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #56
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    falls apart and rapture are good songs by hurt
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  7. #57
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oakland raiders</div><div class="ubbcode-body">falls apart and rapture are good songs by hurt</div></div>

    10 Ton Brick is their latest single--but stuff like Shallow, Losing, Unkind, Dirty, Cold Inside, Summers Lost, Abuse of Sid, and Talking to God are all songs I like by them. Not all of them are as heavy as Rapture or 10 Ton Brick, but they're all dealing with dark contexts and thoughts.

    Even the more melodic songs such as Cold Inside are dark and deal w/pain & loss...great stuff.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #58
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    Still is great...I got it when "All that could have been" was still availible in the deluxe edition. It souns even better if you listen to it right after the live album...I used to put it in when I went to sleep every night...loved it. If ya like Ghost, try to download the old "Quake" soundtrack....
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #59
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    Just got back. Only two people in front of me kept me from having front row in the pit. It was amazing. 3 Days Grace definitely did the best, then I'd say either Hurt or Breaking Benjamin. Hurt did really well, just didn't get to perform as long as the others. Seether seemed pretty mellow compared to the other 3; I was there to rock so that puts them at the bottom.

    3 Days Grace covered Alice in Chains' Rooster and I really enjoyed that.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  10. #60
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: breaking benjamin, three days grace, and seether concert

    buckeye, we disagree again. I went w/four other people, and we all basically agreed, and overheard others saying, that 3DG's set was by far the worst--people were getting up and leaving 3-4 songs into it. I saw a mass exodus after Never Too Late. The pyro may have distracted you, but both the drummer and the lead singer were off several times, badly. They were nowhere near studio tight live--and that was made painfully clear due to being able to compare BB, Seether, and Hurt's sets...all 3 of them were pretty tight. However, I will agree that I enjoyed 3DG covering Rooster and then in the midst of their finale w/Home, pulling out Hey Man Nice Shot was surprising and I thought better than Filter's version.

    The best show was put on by Hurt--they only played 6 songs in their set, but they made the biggest impact on people. about 90% of people did not know who they were, but by the end of the night, every other person that walked by me were raving about how great their set was. J. Loren's trip thru half of 10 Ton Brick crowd surfing, hopping over the railing, and going all the way up to the upper balcony and did not miss a single word or note thru all of that...that was amazing. BTW--got a copy of Vol. II signed by the whole band and a picture w/J. Loren and Paul Spatola (lead guitar).

    Seether was surprisingly tight, and they seemed to be more mellow--sure, but they're more laid back and less moody than BB or Hurt in general. They put on a good show, played all their singles and seemed to have fun w/it.

    BB's set was cool--their music was tight, and the vocals were studio quality...not much wavering at all from their album versions. The part in the middle where they jammed Master of Puppets, Back in Black, and Bulls on Parade back to back to back off the cuff was cool...plus the cover of Deftones' Change (In the House of Flies) was really awesome and a good change of pace in their set. Their set was probably best...but only because it was longer than Hurt's.

    So...IMO...and it's fine to disagree...glad you had a good time... but I have to rank it like this:

    1A. BB
    1B. Hurt
    3. Seether













    4. 3DG
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •